Saturday, January 10, 2009

Irony: I'm giving in my 2 wee...no your laid off

Good Morning-Afternoon Peoples,



It's funny how the lord helps in my life. ok scene one. i'm arriving to work around 3:03pm. i get to the IT lab (that's my day job) and my bosses are sitting there just chillin. i drop off my lunch in the fridge, put away my jacket. I hear my boss say, hey brian come in here and have a seat. i'm like ok!
so they both look there with sad faces and my boss charlie is like, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but due to the economic problems we are having in the USA our company has had some lay-offs and you were on the list. those weren't his exact words but you get the point. so i responded, that's funny charlie because i was giving in my two weeks today heeheheheheh. he was somewhat reliefed. my other boss tony looked pretty bummed about it, i guess it's because the hours are changing and he doesn't have me to kid around with anymore. The cool thing about this is, they are giving me an extra month on my work insurance and i'm getting a leave bonus. i thought about shooting to florida but my friend "sempai" reminded me that oh you have loans to pay and don't you wanna invest in your music. i'm like damn your right, so i'm gonna use some to pay my bills and i'm buying protools with the rest.

I'm a heavy believer in god and i think god saw that i haven't took a vacation in so long, he was just like you need a break mental. So first and foremost, i wanna thank the lord for giving me a better paying job with a chance to grow within the company. i wanna thank him for this 2 week vacation and bonus check. i wanna give shout outs to my former day job bosses tony and charlie. i will miss you two, thanks for letting me write you down as references.

that was just the jist of my day yesterday


peace and lata dayz

-mentalist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are one lucky.
just imagine if you would have told them 24 hours earlier...